Whisper is a chat command on Twitch that lets you connect with the other users privately. The messages exchanged between you won’t be visible to other users.
This command opens up a private window chat between you two and lets you talk in private.
Let’s see how to Whisper on Twitch using PC and Mac as well as Android and iPhone.
How to Whisper on Twitch on a Computer
Here is how you can whisper on Twitch on a computer. Open a browser and follow the steps given below.
- Go to twitch.com and login into your account.
- Go to the channel and then stream chat of the user you want to send whisper.
- Type this command Whisper: /w username in the stream chat.
- Replace username with the actual username of whom you want to send a message.
- A window chat will open. Type the message you want to send.
- Press “Enter” to send.
This message will be sent to the other user privately. No other members would be able to see this except you and the receiver.
How to Whisper on Twitch on Mobile Phone
You can also do this using a mobile phone. Here’s how.
- Open the Twitch app and navigate the profile of the user you’d like to Whisper.
- In Android, Click “Whisper” on their profile to open the private chat window.
- In the iPhone, tap three dots in the top right corner and click “Whisper.”
- Type the message and press enter to send.
That’s about it. The message will be sent to the other user privately.
How to Stop Twitch Whisper
If you want to stop whisper, then here are some different settings you could try.
1. No Whisper from strangers: Click on the gear in private window chat and tick the box that says “Block Whispers from Strangers.”
2. Stop spam: Messages from strangers are flagged the first time. You can tick the spam box never again to receive a message back.
3. No whisper from anyone: Go to the Twitch chat window and press on the gear icon. Check the box that says “Enable Do Not Disturb”.
Read Also: See Filtered Messages on Facebook
The Whisper command is an excellent way to start a conversation with other users privately. This guide will tell you what whisper is and how you can use it on the computer as well as the mobile phone.